Loco Ropes is closed at this time.
The Ozark Folk Center closes for the season October 28, 2023. The Cabins at Dry Creek remain open year-round, and the park hosts special events and workshops in the off-season. We will fully reopen on April 2, 2024.
What to know
In the Craft Village at Ozark Folk Center, more than 20 working artisans demonstrate, create, and sell handmade items Tuesday through Saturday in season. Handcrafted items like flame-painted copper jewelry, leather purses and goods, baskets, brooms, stained glass, ironwork, pottery, knives, weavings, quilts, wood carvings, spun yarn, soap, candles, and more are made onsite. We offer season passes and tickets for admission to both the Craft Village and to see music shows. Artisans also host workshops throughout the year for a more immersive crafting experience with personal attention and hands-on instruction. You can register for workshops and buy tickets to shows online.
The Heritage Herb Garden is where old-time pass-along plants, medicinal herbs, native plants, and edible herbs are grown. The Garden functions as a living classroom for workshops and programs. Events celebrating both culinary and medicinal herbs are held in May and October.
Music is at the heart of this park. Fiddle, banjo, guitar, mandolin, dulcimer, and autoharp are just some of the instruments that combine to produce that enduring Ozark Mountain sound. While you're in the Craft Village, check out live music on the Blacksmith Stage throughout the day. You don't want to miss the talented local musicians that perform in this intimate setting. The 1,000-seat Ozark Highlands Theater hosts live concerts, special events, bringing legendary artists from all facets of Americana music to the stage. Workshops are also available at scheduled times for musicians and dancers of all skill levels.
You can also be a part of Ozark Highlands Radio, a syndicated program recorded at the park that shares the music and stories of the Ozark region. The weekly program is available on multiple public radio stations or to audiences anywhere on Soundcloud, iTunes, and OzarkHighlandsRadio.com.
When booking a visit, check availability at The Cabins at Dry Creek, our beautiful cabins with suites available, and amenities of home. Enjoy Southern cooking in the Skillet Restaurant. One of Arkansas’s five lodge parks, the Ozark Folk Center also has a conference center with facilities for unique and memorable meetings.
Loco Ropes, a challenging ropes course and zip line, is located on-site and popular among groups and families.
Plan Your Adventure
Your whole family will love the beautiful Ozark rooms, all at ground level, featuring different layouts and options to suit your stay. All rooms will sleep from 2 to 4 people and some of them have an option of a secured pass-through door allowing you the option of combining rooms. Give the room amenities a look to find the right options for your comfort while staying with us.
• King rooms
• King rooms with ADA options
• Family rooms with a queen and bunk bed
• Double queen rooms
• Suites that include a king bed in one room, a living area with a pullout couch, sink, microwave, and dishes in the other.
• King deluxe rooms featuring an open style bedroom living area. This includes a pullout couch in the living area, a sink and microwave in the dining area, a set of four plates, silverware and glasses. Additionally this room features our largest oversized bathroom.
All rooms are set standard with a telephone, TV, wireless Internet, microwave, mini-refrigerator, iron, and ironing board, hairdryer and coffee pot. There are large windows and glass doors that open onto small porches or decks, most with a scenic wooded view.
*Note extra charge of $45 + tax for designated dog-friendly cabin rentals. You must bring kennel and current shot records. No cats allowed.
Administration Building/Visitor Information Center
Monday - Saturday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Off-season: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Note: Ozark Folk Center's season opens on April 11, 2023. The Craft Village and Gift Shop open this day. The Skillet Restaurant opens for normal business hours on April 12, 2023. The season closes on October 28, 2023.
Tuesday - Saturday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Live Music on Blacksmith Stage in Craft Village
Tuesday - Saturday throughout the day
Cabins at Dry Creek
Open daily, year-round 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Extended hours during special events.
Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Friday - Saturday 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Closed Mondays and Tuesdays
Available for groups and special events. Please contact the park for more information.
Tuesday - Saturday 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Ozark Highlands Music Theater
Open for special events only.
Cabins at Dry Creek Pool
Memorial Day-Labor Day
Closed New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day &
noon Christmas Eve through Christmas Day
- (0.2 miles) Ozark RV Park
- (0.7 miles) Whitewater RV Park
- (0.7 miles) Cedar Street Lodge
- (0.8 miles) Court Square RV Park
- (0.8 miles) Wildflower Bed & Breakfast on the Square
- (0.9 miles) The Inn At Mountain View
- (0.9 miles) Jody's Corner
- (0.9 miles) Mulberry Place Guest Houses
- (0.9 miles) Ivy Vacations | Curated Cabins in the Ozarks
- (0.9 miles) My Other Place Nightly Rental
- (0.9 miles) Mountain View RV Park & Guest House
- (0.9 miles) Nancy's Inn on the Square
- (0.9 miles) Econo Lodge
- (1.0 miles) Ranch House Inn
- (1.0 miles) Red Bud Inn
- (1.0 miles) Gene's Guest House and Cottage
- (1.0 miles) Myrtle's Guest House
- (1.0 miles) Dogwood Cottage
- (1.0 miles) Ozark Country Inn Bed & Breakfast
- (1.1 miles) Mountain View Motel
- (0.9 miles) The Inn At Mountain View
- (0.9 miles) Court House Square
- (0.9 miles) Stone Drive-In
- (0.9 miles) Arkansas Craft Guild & Gallery
- (0.9 miles) Arkansas Craft School
- (1.5 miles) Sylamore Ranger District Office
- (6.7 miles) Blanchard Springs Caverns
- (7.0 miles) Blanchard Springs Recreation Area & Campground
- (8.1 miles) Jimmy Driftwood's Music Barn
- (17.7 miles) Spring River / Greers Ferry Lake Ride
- (19.6 miles) North Central Arkansas Art Gallery
- (19.6 miles) Fairfield Bay Resort
- (0.1 miles) The Skillet Restaurant @ Ozark Folk Center State Park
- (0.9 miles) Pizza Hut
- (0.9 miles) Joshua's Ozark Restaurant
- (0.9 miles) Charlyn's Restaurant & Old-Fashioned Soda Fountain
- (0.9 miles) Yoder's Country Cupboard
- (0.9 miles) P J's Rainbow Cafe
- (1.1 miles) Tommy's Famous...A Pizzeria, Inc.
- (2.1 miles) Mikey's Smoked Meats & Deli
- (14.5 miles) Carlton's Diner
- (16.3 miles) Printing Press Cafe & Ice Cream Parlor
- (16.5 miles) Between the Buns
- (16.9 miles) Gravity Brew Works
- (17.4 miles) Hartley's Steak House
- (18.7 miles) Marketplace
- (19.6 miles) The Little Red Restaurant & Bistro
- (19.7 miles) Lake Front Restaurant