Everyone is invited to celebrate the opening of the first Monument Trails, the 40th Anniversary of Hobbs State Park - Conservation Area, the 10th Anniversary of the opening of the Hobbs State Park Visitor Center, the Annual Friend of Hobbs Fundraiser (in Rogers, Ark.) and the Battle for Townsend Ridge.
Watch for signs directing guests to parking areas as you enter the park. The schedule of events is below:
June 7, 2019 – Official Opening of the Monument Trails - Hobbs State Park Visitor Center
- Welcome and remarks from dignitaries.
- Ribbon cutting to open trails.
- Following Ceremony – Mountain Bike Rides, Guided Hike.
June 7, 2019 – Friends of Hobbs Fundraiser - Farmer’s Market in Rogers
6:00 PM – 8:30 PM
- Friends of Hobbs Annual Fundraiser (HobbNob)
June 8, 2019 – Opening of Townsend Ridge Bike Skills Course - Townsend Ridge Parking lot
- Log cutting to open the new Townsend Ridge Mountain Bike Skills Course.
June 8, 2019 – Community Opening of Hobbs Monument Trails. - Hobbs State Park Visitor Center
- Monument Trails are open to ride.
- Orbea demo bikes available
- Park interpretive activities for families including Mother Nature and interesting tabletop interactive opportunities in the Visitor Center, roving educational programs and a guided hike.
- Food Trucks open.
- Friends of Arkansas Single-Track (FAST) leads three rides on the Monument Trail system. Fast full-loop, slow full-loop, and loop of Wolf Den.
11:00 AM-12:00 PM
- Music provided by Still on the Hill.
- Trail Community Opening including official log cutting.
After Opening the Beer Garden opens.
- FAST led ride of flow loops.
- Park interpretive activities for families, including interesting tabletop interactive opportunities in the Visitor Center, roving educational programs and two guided trail hikes.
June 9, 2019 – Battle for Townsend Ridge Mountain Bike Race - Townsend Ridge Parking Lot
7:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Battle for Townsend Ridge mountain bike cross-country race.