What to know
A half-hour from Jonesboro and about 1.5 hours from Memphis, Lake Charles State Park is a peaceful place located on a 645-acre lake filled with bass, crappie, bream, and catfish. In fact, it’s the place where the largest number of 20-inch bass have been caught in Northeast Arkansas. A full line of bait and tackle is available at the visitor center from March through October. There are 60 campsites, a third of which are Class AAA, with many spots right on the water. A yurt offers an additional lodging option. The park is also a great getaway in fall and winter months with four hiking trails and a 3-D archery range (open November through February).
Make Your Reservation
3705 Hwy. 25
Powhatan, AR 72458
Call The Park
Open all year, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
With the following exceptions:
Dec., Jan. & Feb.: Sat. & Sun. 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- (1.3 miles) Lake Charles
- (2.3 miles) NorthEast Arkansas Regional Archives (NEARA)
- (4.9 miles) The Dairy King
- (4.9 miles) Stan Jones Mallard Lodge
- (7.2 miles) Hoxie Farmers Market
- (7.5 miles) Big Cyprus Duck Cabin
- (8.1 miles) Whistling Wings Outfitters
- (9.5 miles) Autumn Inn Motel
- (9.5 miles) Stan's BBQ
- (9.5 miles) The Landmark
- (9.9 miles) Don's Steakhouse
- (9.9 miles) Old Hickory Motel
- (9.9 miles) Ole Hickory Bar-B-Q
- (9.9 miles) Wonderful Chinese Super Buffet