This is 2-day class- participants must plan to attend both days- 11/11 and 11/12.
Taught by Rusti Barger
Take home your own skein of handspun as you spend a couple of days acquiring the peaceful and rewarding art of crafting your own yarn. Spinning is a wonderful way to while away a cozy evening by the fireplace or make good use of those summer days when the heat keeps you from going out. With the ability to create your own handspun, you will never lack for the perfect yarn for that special project again - or the perfect gift for the knitters and crocheters in your life! Registration is required two weeks prior to class. Click here for more information or to register!
All materials provided - Includes:
• Fiber for spinning
• Written instructions
• List of continued learning resources
• Follow-up email support
• Bring your own spinning wheel, or one will be provided for you to use in class
• Drafting and spinning on a spinning wheel
• Preparing fiber for spinning
• Plying yarn
• Finishing yarn
• Basic spinning wheel maintenance