Join us at Devil's Den State Park to celebrate the fall season like it's the 1930s! Much like the families that lived during the Great Depression, the era that our park was built by the Civilian Conservation Corps, we're pulling together our resources to host a family friendly fall festival. Create a mask like the children of the 1930s created their costumes, try a variety of games, and participate in some contests! Campers staying with us are welcome to decorate their campsites and pass out candy for Mother Nature’s Walkabout down in Campground Area E. Also, hang around later in the evening for some sort-of spooky legends from around the Ozarks, and some star gazing with a guest speaker.
- If you’re interested in participating in the Painted Pumpkins Contest, please keep in mind the following:
- Categories are: 2 to 5 years old | 6 to 12 years old | 13 years and up
- Participants need to bring their already painted pumpkins from home and take them with you
- If you are interested in participating in the Kids’ Costume Contest, please keep
in mind the following:
- This contest is for ages 1 month to 12 years old. Categories are: Homemade Costumes –
Spookiest | Homemade Costumes – Cutest | Store-Bought Costumes – Spookiest | and
Store-Bought Costumes – Cutest.
Schedule of Events:
- 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Festival Games at the Softball Field
- 4:30 p.m. – Painted Pumpkin Contest at the Softball Field
- 4:45 p.m. – Kids’ Costume Contest at the Softball Field
- 6 p.m. – 7 p.m. – Mother Nature’s Trick or Treat Walkabout - Meet at the First Bathhouse in Campground Area E.
- 7:15 p.m. - 7:45 p.m. - Legends by Lantern Light at the Amphitheater
- 8:30 p.m. – 9:45 p.m. – Star Gazing Down in the Den at the Softball Field
The event is open and free to the public and will be located down in Campground Area E. Parking
is available at the campground’s bathhouses and the amphitheater. Feel free to call the park at (479) 761-3325 during business hours with any questions that you may have regarding the event.