Arkansas State Parks Field Trip Grant Programs
Teachers, are you considering a field trip to an Arkansas State Park? Arkansas’s 52 state parks are natural treasures full of cultural heritage set on gorgeous mountains, lakes, streams, and forests. Many State Parks offer staff-led programs and activities, aligned to state curriculum standards, which will help your students get in touch with nature, science, and Arkansas history. They can be further cross-curriculum focused to integrate social studies, art, language, and physical education.
Your students will experience their classroom lessons in relevant settings that connect them to Arkansas's rich heritage. They'll also create lifelong memories!
Now schools can receive up to $1,000 specifically for that purpose thanks to the Arkansas State Parks Field Trip Grant Program. The grants will focus on a classroom visiting the park during the school year. Priority will be given to field trips that align with the school curriculum and are between September and April.
To schedule a field trip to an Arkansas State Park, please contact the State Park you wish to visit. If you need assistance selecting a park to visit, call (888) 287-2757.
- ASP Field Trip Grant is available to public, private, charter, and home school groups in Arkansas, grades K-12.
- Field trips are available through the Arkansas State Parks and must be scheduled prior to submitting the application.
- All field trips must take place at an Arkansas State Park.
- Maximum award $1,000: If further funding is needed beyond the maximum amount of $1,000, please provide a justification and total amount to accompany your application.
- Funds may be used for the following:
- Mileage Reimbursement: Up to $0.42 per mile.
- Cost associated with bus driver(s) and use of bus
- Substitute teacher(s)
Grants are co-administered through the Arkansas Humanities Council. Apply online at: ArkansasHumanitiesCouncil.org.
Add Your School!
From 2016-1018, Arkansas State Park Field Trip Grants were awarded to 43 schools in 28 Arkansas cities!
- Cave City
- Fort Smith
- Hot Springs
- Lead Hill
- North Little Rock
- Pea Ridge
- Valley Springs
- Van Buren