What to know
Near the lodge are 33 cabins (21 with kitchens) located along the bluff with views of the canyon. Another cabin with a kitchen is a short drive away. Most of the cabins are the rustic CCC-style with modern amenities, and a few are duplex designs. Upstream from Cedar Creek, a CCC rock dam forms Lake Bailey, 100 acres for fishing, kayaking, and pedal boating. Open in the summer months, the boathouse offers a snack bar, boat rentals, and supplies. The 125 park campsites (35 Class AAA and 90 Class B) are near Lake Bailey. Other options include a group camp area, rally-style area, and four Rent-A-Yurts. The park also has an airport. For information about the airport, call 501-374-5022.
Two swimming pools, picnic areas, playgrounds, pavilions, boat launch ramp,tennis and basketball court, and an amphitheater are also on site. Hiking trails lead through forests and meadows, over canyons, and along streams and the mountainside. See where nature formed sheer bluffs, the spectacular 95-foot Cedar Falls, Seven Hollows, and such distinctive features as Bear Cave, the Grotto, Natural Bridge, and other formations like carpet rocks and turtle rocks. Interpreters lead programs and special events throughout the year showcasing the uniqueness of this park. Rarely do you find a place that will beckon you back again and again. Petit Jean is that place. Come discover the beautiful, mystical qualities of Arkansas’s first state park.
Make Your Reservation
Also near the lodge are six overnight duplex cabins (totaling 12 rental units) that include fireplaces, but no kitchens. However, these cabins include mini-fridges and microwave ovens. No grilling is allowed.
- 1 Bedroom ADA w/ full spa hot tub — Cabin #: 12
- 1 Bedroom Duplex Housekeeping ADA w/ 1 queen & 1 twin — Cabin #: 12a, 12b, 14, 15
- 1 Bedroom Duplex Housekeeping w/ 2 queen beds — Cabin #: 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11
- 1 Bedroom Rustic Housekeeping, w/ 1 queen bed, Cabin #: 1, 6, 9, 16, 17
- 1 Bedroom Rustic Housekeeping, w/ 2 full beds — Cabin #: 7, 8, 18
- 1 Bedroom w/ full spa hot tub — Cabin #: 13
- 3 Bedroom Rustic Housekeeping — Cabin #: 0
- Overnight Duplex cabin w/o kitchen — Cabin #: 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
*Interpretive programs are available year-round upon request and are provided daily Memorial Day through Labor Day, and on weekends in April, May, September and October.
Open all year, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
With the following exceptions:
May 26 - Aug. 5: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Apr., May, Aug., Sept. & Oct.: Fri. & Sat. 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Lodge / Gift Shop:
Open all year, 24 hours per day
Lodge Pool: (For lodge & cabin guests only)
May 15 - Oct. 1: 9 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Jan. 1 - Feb. 28: Sun. - Thurs. 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.; Fri. & Sat. 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Mar. 1 - Nov. 30: 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Dec. 1 - Dec. 31: Sun. - Thurs. 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.; Fri. & Sat. 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.; Christmas Day 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Available Apr. - Oct.
Campground / Picnic Area:
Open all year
May 26 - Aug. 4: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Aug. 5 - Sept. 3: Sat., Sun. & Labor Day 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
May 26 - Aug. 4: Noon - 6 p.m.
Aug. 5 - Sept. 3: Sat., Sun. & Labor Day noon - 6 p.m.
NOTE: Schedule may vary based on school openings and closings. Pool available for private parties.
Open all year
Courts are not lighted and close at sunset.
Museum of Automobiles:
Open all year, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- (0.6 miles) Camp Trinity: The Lutheran Camp on Petit Jean Mountain
- (0.7 miles) Petit Jean Country Store
- (0.8 miles) The Outpost
- (1.2 miles) Lake Bailey
- (1.5 miles) Cedar Falls Motel
- (1.6 miles) River Rock Grill
- (1.6 miles) Rockefeller Legacy Gallery
- (1.6 miles) Winthrop Rockefeller Institute
- (1.7 miles) Barnyard Friends & Stables
- (2.3 miles) The Museum of Automobiles
- (3.4 miles) Petit Jean Farm
- (3.6 miles) Camp Mitchell Retreat and Conference Center
- (6.8 miles) Charlie's Hidden Harbor
- (7.4 miles) Foshee Family Pecans
- (7.5 miles) Cherokee Park
- (7.9 miles) Holla Bend National Wildlife Refuge
- (8.2 miles) Flea Market 101
- (8.9 miles) Oppelo Flea Market
- (8.9 miles) Morrilton Golf & Country Club
- (9.3 miles) Conway County Multi-Purpose Building
- (9.4 miles) Morrilton Historic District
- (9.6 miles) Church Street Deli & Catering
- (10.0 miles) Petit Jean Mountain
- (10.0 miles) Conway County Carnegie Library