Arkansas state parks offer plenty of geocaching for kids and adults, bringing yet another form of outdoor adventure to The Natural State. The hallmark of the Arkansas State Park system is its diversity, and this wide variety of natural and historic settings, landmarks and architectural works makes the state parks great getaways for enjoyable geocaching
Come explore the State Parks of Arkansas and test your cache-seeking skills in some of The Natural State's most scenic and historic settings.
Geocaching is a fun activity for everyone!
- Geocaching for Kids – Geocaching in an Arkansas State Park can be a fun and rewarding adventure for school groups, youth groups and families.
- Groups Geocaching – You can have a blast geocaching in teams with your group in the Arkansas outdoors.
- Couples Geocaching – You can spend a fun weekend with your significant other geocaching in a wilderness setting; then settle down at the end of the day to enjoy a romantic dinner for two.
For information on placing a geocache in an Arkansas State Park, go to our geocaching policy
You can also download our geocache permit
Are you ready for Arkansas’s ultimate adventure in geocaching? Arkansas has 52 beautiful, historic state parks, each with their own special mission. The other thing they each have is a geocache. This Arkansas geocaching adventure is based around visiting all 52 state parks. Each park cache has a clue that you will need to find the final, 53rd cache located somewhere in the state. Just download the clue sheet
and start your adventure. We encourage you to upload photos on the geocaching.com page when you find one and also to tell us about your visit to the park on the state park blog
. As an extra incentive, For a limited time you can pick up an Arkansas State Park geocoin at the final location and send it on its way to visit parks throughout the world! These geocoins will be randomly placed in ParkCache geocaches so keep watching those caches.
Plan some time for each of the parks and enjoy your visit. Learn about natural, cultural and state history. Take in a hike, a swim, a boat ride. Go fishing, cycling or just relax. For information on geocaching throughout the Natural State visit Arkansas Geocaching. Have a great time and we’ll see you in a park!
Click on the ParkCache graphic to get started.
For geocaching details and clues, go to: www.geocaching.com
. This is the official website where you can learn about the latest caches in your area, how to hide a cache, and how to start experiencing this fun and exciting scavenger hunt sport.
Due to the historic and archeological resources at the following 11 state parks, geocaches may only be placed in these designed parks by authorized park staff:
- Conway Cemetery State Park
- Herman Davis State Park
- Jenkins Ferry Battleground State Park
- Lake Fort Smith State Park
- Louisiana Purchase State Park
- Marks' Mills Battleground State Park
- Mississippi River State Park
- Parkin Archeological State Park
- Poison Springs Battleground State Park
- Prairie Grove Battlefield State Park
- Red River Campaign
- South Arkansas Arboretum
- Toltec Mounds Archeological State Park
Park staff at the individual state parks will welcome your questions, or you can contact the State Parks Director's Office in Little Rock by sending your e-mail to: info@ArkansasStateParks.com